Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Christmas socks
There's a joke that I tell from time to time, about how as we get older mundane gifts like socks become very appreciated. In the same way, as we grow up we're picking between different ways we're going to change the world in our heads. But as we become adults and the reality of life, humanity and mortality show us our own frail and damaged reflection, we get to the point where we only wish for one thing" peace. Not even on a scale outside us, just within. How we wish to go back to being ignorant, and happy. We want other basic things as well - clarity away from anxiety, the ability to change. not to take a journey but just a single step. As we come of age we dive from the land into the ocean, and the illusion of our control is shattered before our eyes. Now there is a current, one much stronger than us. This is where I drift now, struggling instead of learning. Learning to yield, to let go. Learning what it's like to release my grip, to shelter the flowers in my hand, not crush them. To extend my hands, not cross my arms. To let the wind come to me, instead of trying to catch it. I want to have clarity, I just want peace. Because I know from that place I can do anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment